Wednesday 11 October 2017

Flight - Book Review


Flight (Samaria #1.5 chronological order)
by Sharon Shinn


What is it about:
The anthology Quatrain contains 4 stories, but I'm only reviewing one of them at the moment:

Flight
To be chosen as the lover of an angel is the highest honor in Samaria, but narrator Salome knows the hidden dangers of such a life and tries to warn her niece Sheba.


What did I think of it:
When rereading the Samaria books I discovered I didn't have all the short stories yet, so got my trotters on Quatrain which contains the Samaria story Flight.

I will confess: although this is a nice story, it's my least favorite of the shorter stories. This might have to do with the fact I do not like it when older siblings or family members try to interfere with the choices of the younger sibling/family member.

I liked discovering Salome's past and I liked how she got a second chance at something that went wrong so long ago, but I must say I could really understand why Sheba acts like she does. Salome is acting much too smothering.

All in all a nice story, but it won't be high on my reread list. I might give the other stories in this book a try and see if there's another series by Shinn I should give a try.

Why should you read it:
This one is for fans of the series. Don't use it as a start.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: