Friday 14 July 2017

Missing - A DNF


Missing
by Kelley Armstrong


What is it about:
Reeve's End is the kind of place every kid can't wait to escape. Each summer, a dozen kids leave and at least a quarter never come back. Winter Crane doesn't blame them - she plans to do the same in another year. She'll leave behind the trailer park, and never look back. All she has to do is stay out of trouble.

But then she has a chance encounter with a boy called Lennon, injured and left for dead in the woods. Her discovery has Winter questioning everything she thought she knew about her sleepy town. And when Lennon vanishes and his brother Jude comes looking for him, things take a sinister turn.

Someone wants Winter out of the picture. Can she trust Jude? Or will he deliver them both into the hands of a stalker?


What did I think of it:
This is the first book by Armstrong I just could not finish.

The book started out intriguing, and I was engrossed in the story until Jude arrived.

What a self righteous, condescending, pompous jerk!

I disliked him from the start and really tried to read on, because I did like Winter and was curious about what was going on, but every time Jude opened his mouth I felt my blood-pressure rise.

Maybe I gave up too soon, maybe he stops acting like a gigantic jerk later on, but if so it wasn't soon enough for me. I couldn't stand another page of his jerky, condescending attitude.

Why should you read it:
Maybe you don't mind teenage alpha jerks.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: