Monday 17 July 2017

A Royal Pain - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


A Royal Pain (Unruly Royals #1)
by Megan Mulry


What is it about:
Bronte Talbott follows all of the exploits of the British royals. After all, they're the world's most preeminent dysfunctional family. And who is she to judge? Bronte's own search for love isn't going all that well, especially after her smooth-talking Texan boyfriend abruptly leaves her in the dust.

Bronte keeps a lookout for a rebound to help mend her broken heart, and when she meets Max Heyworth, she's certain he's the perfect transition man. But when she discovers he's a duke, she has to decide if she wants to stay with him for the long haul and deal with the opportunities-- and challenges-- of becoming a royal.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is totally outside of my normal reading, but I got the book as a gift, so decided to give it a try.

I must confess I wondered if this whole fascination with royalty is an American thing, or if having seen a lot of the Dutch royal family made me jaded, because I can't say meeting any royalty ever has been a fantasy of mine.

That being said:

This is a nice read.

I had to get used to the writing style and the way Mulry told the story, but after a few chapters I was enjoying myself, although it did keep me from really losing myself in the story. There were a few things that made me grumble, unnecessary Goth bashing being one of them, but two of them are very personal pet peeves so I won't go into those.

All in all an entertaining romance. I have book two in this series as well, and might give it a try one of these days.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice Contemporary Romance read.


Buy from Amazon

No comments: