Friday 26 September 2014

Angels' Flight - Book Review


Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 3.5)
by Nalini Singh


What is it about:
In Angel’s Wolf a vampire becomes fascinated with the seductive angel who rules Louisiana. But all is not what it appears to be in her court.

In Angels’ Judgment a hunter must track one of her own gone bad, while surviving the deadly tests placed in her way by the archangels themselves. Unexpected backup comes from a stranger who might just be the most lethal threat of all...

In Angels' Pawn a vampire hunter faces off against two rival factions and the angel manipulating them both, and a vampire whose help is not entirely selfless...

In Angels’ Dance an angel trapped in the mountain stronghold of the Refuge finds herself under siege by a warrior angel from a martial court.


What did I think of it:
Next month the 7th novel in Singh's Guild Hunter series releases, so I thought it was time to catch up on this series.

As book 7 will be about Ashwini, a character that has a short story in this anthology, I picked up this book before picking up book 6.

And this anthology is very enjoyable.

With 3 stories set before the start of the series, this anthology isn't a 'must read' to understand what's happening in the series, but they give some extra insights into some characters and their motivations.

I especially loved Angel's Pawn, the story that features Ashwini. I've loved the mentions of her and Janvier in the series, and this story gives more background on what's happening between these two. I'm really looking forward to reading Archangel's Shadows to get the rest of their story.

The other three stories were also very enjoyable and I can't understand why I didn't pick up this anthology sooner. Singh manages to combine romance, a wonderful setting, and a suspenseful story in ways that had me hooked and made that I couldn't put the book down. After finishing this book I immediately grabbed Archangel's Legion because I wanted more.

This anthology is a must read for fans of this series and you can bet I will be reading Archangel's Shadows as soon as possible!

Why should you read it:
It's a very enjoyable anthology


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

miki said...

i'm happy you enjoyed it as much as i did^^