Wednesday 1 January 2014

TBR Orphans - How Did I Do, and Resolutions for 2014

Happy New Year!


So 2013 has come and gone and it's time to see how I did with my TBR Orphans Challenge.

I set myself the goal to read at least one book every month that has been on my shelves for over 3 months.
I didn't succeed every month, but here's what I read:

Still Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley
Riveted by Meljean Brook
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Queene of Light by Jennifer Armintrout
Shady Lady by Ann Aguirre
Blood Before Sunrise by Amanda Bonilla
Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong.
Firelight by Kristen Callihan
Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett
Bloodstone by Nancy Holzner
Queen's Hunt by Beth Bernobich


Thirteen books!
So even though there were months I didn't pick up and read an orphan I did manage to read at least one orphan a month on average.


So I'm planning on continuing this challenge in 2014 and I will set myself the same goal as in 2013:

Read at least one orphan each month.



How did your book resolutions go in 2013?
Any resolutions for 2014?


3 comments:

Aurian said...

My reading solutions went really well in 2013, I only failed one month with reading a book I have won, and I made up for that in the next month.
I am going to try and add one Kindle Freebie or Nora Roberts book a month as well. Still, ebooks are not my favourite format to read, especially not the Kindle ones.

Sullivan McPig said...

Good luck!
I will confess ebooks are not my favorite format either. Give me a print book over an ebook any time.

Blodeuedd said...

The whole one a month is tricky, but I will try for 12, so if I do badly I will kick myself and read 2 the next month