Friday 11 January 2013

Vengeance Moon - Book Review


Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches #2)
by Lee Roland


What is it about:
Madeline Corso can’t rest until she hunts down the three unknown assailants who killed her father and witch mother. Two of them are now dead by her hand. But the third eludes her while she serves time with the Sisters of Justice—a mysterious order of female warriors with ties to her mother.

The Sisters have tracked the last murderer to Duivel, Missouri, and the dark underworld of the Barrows. But Madeline’s release is contingent on her fulfillment of a mission for the Sisters. Madeline doesn’t question them, but once in the Barrows, she discovers that things aren’t what they seem.

Can she rely on Michael, a handsome and enigmatic local businessman, to help her navigate a world of men and beasts? Or will she lose her heart before the mission is complete?


What did I think of it:
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I was very curious about this one. Add to that the fact that my favorite character from book one seemed to be the love interest in this book and this book became a must read.

I liked Madeline from the start. She's a tough cookie, but also really young and naive at times. The sisters who trained her were really cool as well. I was glad that my favorite of the sisters had a supporting role in the rest of the story.

Michael was just as cool and interesting as I remembered from Viper Moon, and I was happy to see him in the role as Madeline's love interest. He's charismatic, a bit creepy and very complex.

The story did once again suffer from inaction. The heroines in this series sure know how to dawdle when they should be taking action instead. Once again the villains were kind enough to plot their evil deeds based on the phase of the moon though, so no harm done.

That aside this was a fun and enjoyable book and I will certainly keep an eye out for more books in this series and by this author.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun Urban Fantasy Romance.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


4 comments:

Melliane said...

Oh I need to read this series, I'm sure I'll love it as well!

Aurian said...

Nice review, not sure I have seen this series before, added it to the wishlist.

Sullivan McPig said...

It's a fun series. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I didn't realize the second was out. And I'm behind already. :) Thanks for the review.