Tuesday 1 May 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - Discount Armageddon

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: - Grab your current read - Open to a random page - Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) - Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm really enjoying this one so far. Lots of humor and an intriguing story.


The soft background static of an active telepathic connection cut off as Sarah turned her attention elsewhere, leaving me alone with a half-naked member of the Covenant of St. George, an open manhole cover, and a plan consisting mostly of "look for something to hit."
(page 140, Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire)



5 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Squee. I love Seanan - in a deep, totally fan-girly writer way. If you haven't tried her other two series - October Daye as herself and Newsflesh as Mira Grant - you should give them a whirl.

And I'm super jealous that you got an autographed copy.

Sullivan McPig said...

I'm indeed very lucky to have won an autographed copy in a giveaway. And I must check out her other series and see if they're just as much fun.

Bookish Brunette said...

OMG!!! How much do I LOVE that cover?!?! *dies*

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I do want to get this one. Sounds like so much fun! :D Thank you for the teaser. :)

If you'd like, here's my teaser. :)
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-116.html

Melliane said...

I love her other UF series and I would be very curious to know your opinion about this one. I think I need to read it! ("I think"? well no, I'm sure!!!)