Thursday 19 April 2012

Faerytale - Book review


Faerytale by Rachael Fuller

What is it about:
Faerytale, told in narrative rhyme, centers on two sisters, Ellie and her older sister Lucy. While playing, Lucy finds that Ellie has disappeared down a rabbit hole and is lost in a dangerous land of twisted fairy tales. A darker account of the classic tales of Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood and Snow White, Faerytale is a chilling story of Lucy's journey to find and rescue Ellie before the land is swallowed by impenetrable darkness.

What did I think of it:
This is a nice story.

It's set in rhyme and for the most parts that works nicely. There were some parts where the rhyme was a bit off, but not enough to really annoy me.

I think this story would be perfect to read to a child, it's not as grim as the blurb makes it out to be, although there are some surprisingly adult situations from time to time.

All in all a fast and pleasant read that's fun and recognizable for everyone who's into faerytales.

Why should you read it:
If you like faerytales and rhymes this might be a book for you.


Buy it here

2 comments:

LM Preston said...

A story told in rhyme isn't easy to find anymore. Thanks for sharing.

M.A.D. said...

I don't even remember the last rhyme story I've read, I'd be curious to read this one plus I like that cover :)