Thursday 26 April 2012

Enemy Mine - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Enemy Mine (Enemy #2.5)
by Marcella Burnard

ebook

What is it about:
It was a priority-two alert for beautiful Commander Cashel Khaleize: a contract put out on the life of Xiao Zhong. Professionally, Xiao was the Captain she reported to. Personally, he was man she desired. But as female Guild Assassin Mekise Tollenga closes in, Xiao wonders if even Cashel can be trusted with his safety. And with a tenuous bond between them, Cashel wonders how far she’s willing to go to earn that trust.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is a delightfully hot story.

Cashel and Xiao are great characters and I enjoyed the developing romance between them. For a novella the character development and the romance were very well worked out and believable. I sometimes felt neither of them took the treat of the assassin serious though, but with the sizzling hot sexual tension between them I couldn't blame them too much.

There's a slight BDSM element to this story that I very much enjoyed, but that's light enough to not scare away readers who are not into BDSM.

I do wish this story had been a little longer. I finished it much too soon and wouldn't have minded if the tension between Xiao and Cashel had been drawn out a bit longer. But I feel that way about every good story, so don't mind me ;-)

Why should you read it:
It's a hot paranormal romance


Buy it here


No comments: