Monday 5 March 2012

Contingency Plan - Book Review

Contingency Plan (The Neighborhood #1)
by Anita Ensal

ebook, short story

What is it about:
A desperate mother is offered an unusual opportunity by an even more unusual person -- but should she take the offer or go with her contingency plan?...

What did I think of it:
This is a very sweet story, even though the blurb makes it sound a bit dark. It's about making choices, trust, and how not everything is as it seems.

I liked the fairytale mood of this story and the hope and sweetness that it breathed. The writing fits the story and I really liked the characters and the setting as well.

I will keep an eye out for the next story in this series as I'm curious what other stories Ensal comes up with next and if they will be just as sweet or if 'the neighborhood' will show some fangs in upcoming stories.

Why should you read it:
It's a sweet and heartwarming story


Buy from Musa Publishing

3 comments:

Aurian said...

Now I still have no idea what happens! And isn't this one of the many aliases of our adored Gini Koch?

Sullivan McPig said...

It is. and just read it then you will know what happens ;-)

Sharon Stogner said...

I felt the same way about this story :) I loved how she used an old fairy tale and made it her own. It does leave you with a smile on your face.