Tuesday 31 January 2012

RAK Round-Up, Signing up for Another Month and Teaser Tuesdays


Another RAK month is drawing to a close.

I send out a couple of books and I received a really cool Birthday RAK myself from Aleksandra.

And as I just started reading it I will share a bit with you for Teaser Tuesdays:

Benny's breath caught in his throat as he saw the figure emerge from the doorway in a slow, uncertain gait, his legs moving stiffly, his hands out and reaching for Tom. It was Grandpa Houser.
(page 23, Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry)


I'm still very much enjoying RAK, so I'm signing up for February for sure!

===================

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: - Grab your current read - Open to a random page - Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) - Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

===================
RAK:

The RAK movement (=Random Acts of Kindness): it is an initiative organized by the Ladies at the Book Soulmates where everyone posts their whislists and then other people realize one (or more) wishes of a person. Meaning that they send some books to the lucky person they picked! Doesn't it sound fabulous?

Rules:

• Sign up each month you'd like to participate in.

• Show off your participation! Grab one of the buttons available :)

• Create a wish list and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
{Post on your blog, Amazon, where ever as long as there's a link to it.}

• If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger for their address.

• At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K!

• Make a post saying 'Thank You' to whoever granted one of your wishes and share it with us :)

OPEN TO EVERYONE!

Let's keep our International bloggers in mind and in our hearts.

Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!


2 comments:

titania86 said...

ooooooooh! I'm so excited about Dust and Decay! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. :)

Aleksandra said...

Ooohhh, the teaser made me to want to read it again, both Rot & Ruin and Dust & Decay :) I probably will re-read them before Flesh & Bone & I can't wait for that one:) lol I think I need to read something with zombies - it's been a while :) Can't wait to see what you'll think. Happy reading!