Friday 23 December 2011

Doubleblind - Book Review

Doubleblind (Sirantha Jax #3)
by Ann Aguirre


What is it about:
It’s not easy to tread lightly wearing steel-toed boots.
Sirantha Jax isn’t known for diplomatic finesse. As a “Jumper” who navigates ships through grimspace, she’s used to kicking ass first and taking names later—much later. Not exactly the obvious choice to sell the Conglomerate to the Ithtorians, a people whose opinions of humans are as hard as their exoskeletons.

And Ithiss-Tor council meetings aren’t the only place where Ambassador Jax needs to maneuver carefully. Her lover, March, is frozen in permanent “kill” mode, and his hair-trigger threatens to sabotage the talks—not to mention their relationship.

But Jax won’t give up on the man or the mission. With the Outskirts beleaguered by raiders, pirates, and the flesh-eating Morgut, an alliance with Ithiss-Tor may be humanity’s only hope. Which has Jax wondering why a notorious troublemaker like her was given the job…


What did I think of it:
After reading Wanderlust and getting totally frustrated by Jax I wasn't sure if I should continue reading this series, but loving about every other book by Aguirre that I read I decided to give Doubleblind a try.

And I fell in love with Jax all over again.

The insecure, angsty, totally frustrating Jax from Wanderlust was gone and in her place was a new and improved Jax. Still vulnerable, but where in Wanderlust this made her turn into a whiner, here she stood her ground and fought for what she believed in, no matter the consequences.

March was brilliant as ever, even in his “kill” mode and I'm starting to love Vel more with every book.

The story was thrilling, suspenseful and awesome and had some excellent world building. Aguirre's writing is beautiful and now that I didn't get frustrated by Jax I didn't even once get annoyed by the use of present tense.

Doubleblind is one amazing SciFi read and I'm definitely going to read Killbox as soon as I get my trotters on it.

Why should you read it:
Bug-like aliens, a cool heroine and a suspenseful story: what more could you want!?


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

M.A.D. said...

You had me at *bug-like aliens* ;D

Sigh. So many yummy books, so little time lol

Anyhoo - Happy Holidays, Sully! Wishing you & the Voodoo Bride the best :)