Sunday 31 July 2011

Unofficial July RAK Round-up


Lately I've been hearing about something called RAK.
It turns out to mean Random Acts of Kindness and it's an initiative from Book Soulmates.

People can sign up for RAK each month and post a book wishlist on the Book Soulmates site. Other people can look at this wishlist and decide to send one of the books on this wishlist to the person who posted the wishlist. A random act of kindness!

Isn't that a cool idea?

Still I wasn't sure if I should join this RAK thing, but then the awesome Stella from Ex Libris said I could try this RAK thing together with her and if I thought it was fun I could officially join RAK. I decided to give it a try.

And just look at the awesome books she send me!

So, yes: I do think this RAK thing is fun!
I will officially join RAK in August, but for now I want to thank Stella for her random act of kindness:

Stella, you are awesome!




3 comments:

M.A.D. said...

Hey, that's terrific! I've vaguely heard about the RAK thing, but wasn't too clear on what it was actually about.

Doesn't that just give you the warm fuzzies inside? People can be so sweet and generous when given the chance. I think I'll mosey over and check RAK out, so thanks for the heads up on this :D

ps - enjoy your new reads!

Michelle Greathouse said...

I have participated in RAK for three months now and I have enjoyed it. It is a great way to share in the love of reading!

Enjoy your books.

M

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks! I think this RAK thing is very cool and a great way to share the love for my favourite books.