Friday 25 March 2011

Zombiesque - Book Review

Zombiesque (Anthology)
edited by S. Antcazk, James Bassett and Martin H. Greenberg


What is it about:
From a tropical resort where visitors can become temporary zombies, to a newly-made zombie determined to protect those he loves, to a cheerleader who won't let death kick her off the team, to a zombie seeking revenge for the ancestors who died on an African slave ship-- Zombiesque invites readers to take a walk on the undead side in these tales from a zombie's point of view.

What did I think of it:
I love anthologies and I love zombies, so this anthology is perfect for me. There's a great mix of stories in this book: from sad to disturbing and from beautiful to horrific. But all these stories have one thing in common: they have real zombies! No lovesick teenage zombies who could just as well have been human or things like that. The zombies in this book crave brains, blood, revenge and stuff. And that's how I like to see it!

My personal favourites:
- At First Only Darkness by Nancy A. Collins
Who can resist a zombie that makes Snap. Snap. Snap. sounds?!
- Do No Harm by Tim Waggoner
A beautiful story that made me really feel for the zombies
- A Distant Sound of Hammers by S. Boyd Taylor
Both disturbing and sad

Why should you read it:
If you like zombies this anthology is a must read


2 comments:

titania86 said...

Ooh! I haven't heard of this one! I'm definitely adding this to my list. thank you!

M.A.D. said...

Same here! Definitely prefer the old skewl zombie stuff!!! :D